Wednesday, October 20, 2010

reVISION

I have loved the amount of focus this class has dedicated toward the act of revision. I am a classic example of the type of student who has a million other things going on besides school and generally hand in my work as is without even proof reading it. The gradual progression has allowed me to focus on my errors and logically think about how good my paper really is and how it could be better. Also I feel more connected to the papers because of the amount of time and effort that has gone into developing them. I tend to take more personal accountability in the quality of my papers because of this. An invaluable aspect of development has been using the input of not only our teacher, but of my peers. These critiques have been the cornerstones of my final draft and I love the feedback good or bad. I always value another person’s opinion. I have also been applying this skill to my other classes. I am currently taking public speaking and I higher level rehabilitation studies class. Both of these classes require several papers and presentations for which I have been doing drafts of and revising since they were assigned. Rather than doing it at the last minute and taking no pride in what I had developed.

2 comments:

  1. not many people love the process of revision. i am glad that you are able to apply the concepts from this course to other classes. that makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that revision is a great process. It can really make you proud of the work you are turning in! I also think it really shows what you have learned when you start applying it to other classes.

    ReplyDelete