Friday, October 15, 2010

tap water

I have always been a supporter of tap water. I grew up in a rural area and drank well water for the first 10 years of my life. The water tasted like straight sulfur. So I have never been pick about how my water tasted and I could not fathom paying for something that comes right out of the faucet. Also the waste of disposable water bottles has taken its toll on our land scape. You cannot look in any direction and not see and old dasani or aquafina bottle. I discovered through my research that the only real advantages to bottled water is that they use less harsh methods of purification, as opposed to tap water which is purified through chlorine and other harsh methods. However mineral water or private water companies are not required to check their water as often as the public companies. Also most disposable water bottles are made of cheap plastic that leach toxins into your water and accumulate in your body over time. The best containment for tap water is in a water bottle that is BPA free and thus will not leak toxins into your water. Most water bottles today are BPA free.I got my information fromhttp://www.ehso.com/ehshome/DrWater/drinkingwater.php#Overview

No comments:

Post a Comment